Monday, November 30, 2009

Danwon's Portrait of A Family


Husband's Sijo

She nags about the price of radishes, my drinking,
Our child cries - hunger or a wet bottom?
Two hours before home where I can enjoy silence.

Wife's Sijo

The cradle on my head's heavy, the child on my back, heavier.
How much rice can we afford to buy for dinner tonight?
Two lovers I rejected for him and now this.

Baby's Sijo

He winks and smiles but he's red as a berry
Her back is warm but wet; she smells of fish and milk.
Two funny people. Where have I seen them before?

Stumbled upon this addition to the KNTO webpage - an on-line art gallery featuring works by Kim Hong-do ( also known as Danwon) and Shin Yun-bok, the painters featured in the SBS 2008 drama production, Painter of the Wind. Happy viewing!

For similar postings

sources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sijo

No comments:

Post a Comment